The Diocesan History Committee is a valuable resource for parishes interested in their past. It counts among its members three professional historians, four diocesan/parish historians, two professional archivists, and an architect who specializes in historic preservation. The diocesan archivist is an ad hoc member of the committee. Among the matters about which its members might be able to offer advice and assistance are:
- Historic records management
- Historic building preservation
- Historical research and interpretation
- Historical story-telling and narrative
- History conference planning and development
If your parish is interested in learning more about its past and how to make the most of it moving forward, the History Committee may be able to help.
For more information, contact the diocesan historiographer, William Cutler at firstname.lastname@example.org.