“Building Faith (www.buildfaith.org) is a free website that offers practical resources for faith formation with children, youth, and adults. Published by the Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary, Building Faith is trusted by Christians from a wide variety of denominations. At Building Faith you’ll find articles, advice, reviews, success stories, and seasonal ideas for Christian formation with people of all ages. Whether you are a formation professional, volunteer, parent, teacher, clergy, or parish staff, we are here to serve you, as you make and form disciples of Jesus Christ. You can browse and search Building Faith online for free, and subscribe for free to receive each new article by email.” – From Building Faith
Here are some of their articles on teaching stewardship to children and families with ideas for parishes to use during Stewardship Campaigns.
- How Do We Teach Children Stewardship? The most recent article with ideas for churches to use in campaigns. http://www.buildfaith.org/how-do-we-teach-children-stewardship/
- Books on Stewardship for Children. http://www.buildfaith.org/stewardship-books-for-children/
- Practical ideas for promoting stewardship with children. http://www.buildfaith.org/children-stewardship/
- Starting conversations within the family about money-ways for families to talk with children and youth about their use of money. http://www.buildfaith.org/family-conversations-about-money/
- Ideas for churches to teach stewardship to young children such as pledge cards and teachings that gifts can more than money. http://www.buildfaith.org/will-our-children-be-stewards/